Saturday, September 12, 2009

Aug. 29, 2009: Moritz' First Day of School



Moritz will turn six (SIX!!!! need I start whining about how time is just zooming by? No, since everybody around me would just join in and agree) - anyways, in 3 weeks he will turn six and he just started school two weeks ago. A big step into a big new world!


Us four with Karl (Torsten's dad), my mom and cousin Leonie


Sometimes I think I am more wound up about the whole school thing than he is. So far so good. He didn't know anybody when he started since he didn't go to Kindergarten in our hometown but went to a bilingual Kindergarten in Berlin. So I am sure the first couple days weren't easy for him. But since he is in after-school-care with a whole bunch of other kids from class he is finding friends now. By the way, he is attending the same Primary School my dad attended 66 years ago!

Torsten with his sister Sabine, her daughter Leonie and their dad Karl

Here in Germany the First Day At School is a really big thing. Relatives come, the school is hosting a formal welcome address, older students sing and act for the first graders, ... !

So, we too were all fired up for Moritz' BIG DAY.


My dad and Moritz! 66 years ago he was
standing in front of this very school
for his first day of school!!!




Torsten and Lukas in the auditorium




Ready for school?



1 comment:

  1. Nicola,

    The boys are getting so big - they are adorable! You parents look great...and so do you. I'm so happy you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete